How to configure F-Secure Internet Security to work with PhotoSync?
The following steps have to be done to run PhotoSync Companion with F-Secure Internet Security. This walkthrough was created on Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit with F-Secure Internet Security 2011:
- When you run PhotoSync Companion you will get a notification from F-Secure to allow internet access for PhotoSync. Click on Allow to enable PhotoSync Companion to check for updates on the PhotoSync website.
- To allow transfers with PhotoSync Companion, please open the F-Secure Internet Security properties. Click on Tasks to add PhotoSync Companion to the allowed applications.
- In the Tasks window click on Settings to add PhotoSync Companion to the allowed applications.
- Select Application control in Network connections and click Add... to add PhotoSync Companion to the allowed applications.
- Click Browse... and browse for the PhotoSync Companion executable file. This is usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\PhotoSync. Select the exectuable and click the Open button.
- Allow Inbound and Outbound connections for the PhotoSync Companion executable and click the OK button.
- Save the application rule by clicking the OK button. PhotoSync Companion should now be able to send and receive photo/video transfers..