How to configure Kaspersky Antivirus to work with PhotoSync?
Unfortunately Kaspersky Antivirus is so intelligent that it confuses PhotoSync with a malicious Instant Messanging software and blocks transfers from your PC to an iOS device using PhotoSync Companion for Windows. The result is that you will only see the Window that tells you that the transfer is being prepared. When you close the Window after some time, PhotoSync Companion will crash.
To enable PhotoSync transfers with Kaspersky Antivirus, please perform the following steps::
- Open Kaspersky Antivirus
- Klick the "Settings" button to open the Kaspersky Antivirus settings
- Select IM Anti-Virus in the protection center and disable IM Anti-Virus (remove the checkmark from 'Enable IM Anti-Virus'). Then press 'Apply' or 'OK' to save your choice.
- Alternatively, if you don't want to disable IM Anti-Virus, you can add PhotoSync Companion as a trusted Application in Kaspersky Antivirus. You can do this by executing the following steps:
- Open the 'Detected Threats and Exclusion Rules':
- Under 'Exclusions' click the 'Settings...' button and select the 'Trusted applications' tab:
- Click the 'Add' button and either select 'PHOTOSYNC.EXE' from the 'Applications' menu if PHotoSync Companion is running or click on 'Browse...' to select the PhotoSync Companion executable which is usually installed in C:\Programs (x86)\PhotoSync\PhotoSync.exe'.
In the exclusions list please check all checkboxes ('Do not scan opened files', 'Do not monitor application activity', 'Do not monitor child application activity', 'Do not scan network traffic')
- Save your changes with 'OK' and close the Kaspersky Antivirus settings
- Now quit PhotoSync Companion (right click the small PhotoSync icon in the system tray and choose 'Quit' in the application menu) and restart the program activate the changes in Kaspersky Antivirus.